Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sinhagad Solo

Well, it turned out to be a solo ride after the plan to ride to Shirval on Bangalore highway got dropped out. The other guys were to start late at 6:00 AM and I wanted to be back before 10 if it was Sinhagad.
The Hero Hawk is taking me places and I have fallen in love with it ... Will get a new one and swap the crank set and seat. The ride took me 2hrs to reach base and 1.5 hrs to return with a 30 min. poha and chai break. The rain had made the weather cool and cloudy but left the roads in a bad shape which did affect the overall speed but 70 km in 3.5 hrs is not bad and I had the legs to attempt the climb but decided against it. Did not want to strain my ITB again especially on a bigger gear which the Hawk has. Maybe next time :-). Met a guy Prashant Tilwe (?) who introduced himself as I stick out like a sore thumb when I enter the chai joint at base sweating with helmet and the Hero Hawk. There was this group of school boys on trekking trip checking out the gears et al on the Hawk too. Wonder what a Scott or Kona would do

The return was spectacular as always and at one point of time must have been on 50 kmph. Should get that cyclocomp soon ... so many things to lust after

till then here are the pics

No comments: